Tuesday, December 02, 2014

Gumti Libraries. Varanasi.



World Literacy Canada has 60 mobile libraries in villages in and around Varanasi. These mobile libraries are open everyday for the villagers to read books and offers a space to exchange information and improve their education. The posters on the sides of these libraries were torn and tattered and I have just designed new posters to go on them. One of them states an old Chinese proverb in Hindi 'It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness'.

1 comment:

glaucia said...

The more I read about World Literacy Canada work, the more I get interested on it. I live in a country where the need for education and good schools is huge, and the numbers for illiteracy among adults and children are scary. "There is no such a thing as darkness, only the absence of light" (Einstein, I think) :)