Sunday, November 09, 2014

World Literacy Canada



For those if you who don't know, I've been volunteering with World Literacy Canada, for more than 12 years, which brings me back to Varanasi right now. This fabulous organization raises funds in Canada for literacy programs for women and children in and around Varanasi in India. This brought me to work with them here in 2005 and 2006, and now I'm back to volunteer for a couple of months. A little money in Canada can go a long way here in India to help transform people's lives. They are also organizing a 'Literacy and Literature' tour of India as part of their 60th anniversary celebrations. For more information check out http://www.worldlit.ca/india-programs/anniversary-tour/
So this is where I'm staying at their magical space in Varanasi, the Ganga Mahal, where I've lived for 9 months in the past.


No comments: